Thursday, July 15, 2010

"I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about." - Oscar Wilde
I like this quote because it is something that a humble and kind person would say. It is important for people to write and let people learn what they want from their writing not tell people what to learn. In reality nobody really knows anything and that is exactly what Oscar Wilde says.

I read Brian Friel's play called Translations this year and loved how it brought to life what was going on in an Irish town. The characters and their emotions and the irony of language were all woven together to really create a humorous yet also heart wrenching play.

~ submitted by Caitlin

1 comment:

  1. That's a great quote by Oscar Wilde. He's a favorite of mine. I love his wit, and I particularly like The Picture of Dorian Gray.

    ReplyDelete